Academic Policies

The Academic Dismissal Process

To assure that all appeals are reviewed by the same process, we do not grant students in-person appointments for appealing their dismissal.

Supplementary Scholastic Standards Policy

To be in good academic standing in the School of Engineering, students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA after completing 24 or more credits. Students must maintain a minimum 2.3 cumulative GPA to continue in the School of Engineering. Students who fall below a 2.3 cumulative GPA after 24 credits in residence will be removed from the School of Engineering and moved to the Academic Center for Exploratory Students. Residence means courses completed at one of the UConn campuses and does not include Early College Experience or non-degree courses. Students will have the opportunity to appeal this decision. If a student’s cumulative GPA falls between 2.3 and 2.5, they will be considered on academic probation for the School of Engineering. Students on academic probation will be reduced to a 14-credit load until the cumulative GPA improves to at least 2.5. Students may stay in the School of Engineering while on academic probation with the reduced credit load.

*This information was taken from:
Scroll down to find the "Supplementary Scholastic Standards" section.

Transferring Coursework 

Thinking of taking a class at a Connecticut college or university to fulfill a university or School of Engineering course requirement? Learn how the class will transfer to your UCONN transcript here.

For out of state coursework it is recommended that students request Prior Course Approval via Student Administration to see if coursework from another institution will transfer as the desired UConn equivalent. See how to request Prior Course Approval here.

For questions about this process, please consult with Transfer Admissions.

Late Withdrawal Request Form

This form will only be accepted between Tuesday, April 11th, 2023 through Sunday, April 30th, 2023 at 11:59pm and is for use by current Engineering undergraduate students only.

Late submissions will not be accepted. Once completed, email this form and your personal statement to:

You must complete an individual form for each class you intend to drop.