IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
A university-wide virtual Commencement ceremony is planned for Saturday, May 9th.
Check this link for continued updates from the university regarding commencement:
Commencement 2020 FAQ
Saturday, May 9th, 2020 12p.m.
Use this link to access livestream --> https://commencement2020.uconn.edu/virtual-commencement/
Commencement regalia may be ordered at uconn.shopoakhalli.com.
1. Open the ordering portal and click the box that says “Ship to Home - $8.00 Shipping Fee.”
2. Under “Event”, choose the Bachelor Degree Purchase option.
3. Under “Choose Products”, select the appropriate school/college/degree program and complete the four questions at the bottom to add the full regalia package to your cart.
4. On the “Accessories” page, select “Extra Tassel Year Date” in the top left and choose the appropriate degree level and appropriate degree. Click “Add to Cart” once desired tassel is indicated.
5. Select “Next” at the bottom of the page.
6. On the “Cart” page, you will see a line item for the full regalia package and a line item for the extra tassel. In the line item for the full regalia package, under “Line Total” (next to the price), you will see an X in a circle.
7. Click on the X in the appropriate line to remove the full regalia package from your cart.
8. Only the extra tassel will remain in your cart. Complete your purchase from there.
Dear Class of 2020,
It is with a heavy heart that I write to inform you that we will not be able to hold an in-person commencement celebration this fall, as we had hoped when we announced a fully remote ceremony in the spring.
At the time, many were optimistic that the COVID-19 pandemic would be fully under control by the fall, permitting a resumption of normal activities. As we know now, that has not been the case. Unfortunately, Connecticut’s current guidelines on large gatherings — part of a comprehensive state strategy that has seen our infection rate drop to one of the lowest in the country — prohibit any ceremony on the scale that we envision for commencement.
I am disappointed by this news, as I know you are. But I take solace in your resilience and leadership, and the way you responded so enthusiastically to our remote ceremony in May, with more than 45,000 people attending — the largest commencement in the 139-year history of our University. Seeing the videos so many of you posted online showing your participation from home in full commencement regalia is one of the truly fond memories for me from this unusual time, and hopefully will be for you.
A more tangible souvenir from that day is also available; for those of you who would like a physical copy of the commencement program, you can request one here.
In closing, I am confident that, as you have already begun to make your way in the world, your journey will sooner or later lead back to your alma mater — perhaps for homecoming, or to cheer on one of our teams, or simply to walk the familiar paths of your student days and savor the memories you made there. And when that happens — in a world that has returned to something we remember as normal — I hope you’ll remember your commencement as a moment when you overcame unprecedented adversity as one of the most memorable graduating classes in UConn history.
With warm regards,
President, University of Connecticut
May 2020 graduates will receive their diploma 6-8 weeks after May 9, 2020 which is consistent with prior years. This year you will also be receiving your diploma cover in the mail.
Yes. Distribution logistics of the Commencement program will be announced to graduates.
Graduating fee-paying Storrs seniors receive a free copy of the yearbook automatically, and do not need to order a yearbook. Yearbooks are on track to be shipped in the fall. For more information, see commencement.uconn.edu.